For the Chili-Garlic Paste:
3 dried red chilies, deseeded and soaked for 3-4 hours
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp. vinegar
2 Tbsp. water
• Using a food processor, grind all the ingredients together to form a paste.
For the Soup:
2 Tbsp. oil
2 Tbsp. minced French beans
2 Tbsp. minced mushrooms
1/2 cup finely shredded cabbage
1/2 cup minced carrots
1 Tbsp. ketchup
1 tsp. sugar
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp. vinegar
2 Tbsp. corn flour, mixed with 1/2 cup water
3-4 cups water
• In a stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the French beans and mushrooms and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
• Add the cabbage and carrots and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
• Add the Chili-Garlic Paste and all the other ingredients, stirring well.
• Boil for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings