Homemade Vegan Walnut ‘Parmesan’ CheesePrint
- 1 cup raw walnuts, coursely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp. ground sea salt, or to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the walnuts, nutritional yeast, and salt together. Grind the mixture in a coffee grinder dedicated to ingredients other than coffee, working in batches, if necessary. Grind for about 8 to 10 seconds per batch. Don’t overgrind.
- Transfer to a tightly covered container and refrigerate.
- The “cheese” will keep in a tightly covered container, refrigerated, for about 1 week, assuming that the walnuts are fairly fresh.
Makes 1 1/4 cups
Adapted from The Ultimate Beer Lover’s Happy Hour by John Schlimm.