For the Salad:
5 blood oranges
Juice of 2 lemons
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lb. fresh baby spinach
2 tsp. freshly chopped tarragon
Pinch of sea salt
Cracked black pepper, to taste
• Peel the oranges and remove the segments over a bowl to catch any juice. Set the segments aside.
• Add the lemon juice and the olive oil to the bowl.
• In a separate bowl, combine the spinach and tarragon. Drizzle with the citrus juice-olive oil mixture until just wet.
• Sprinkle the salt and pepper on top and stir well.
• Add the reserved orange segments.
For the Skewers:
1 1/2 lbs. extra-firm tofu
2 large onions, cut into 3/4-inch dice
3 yellow peppers, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch dice
1 1/2 lbs. whole cherry tomatoes
1 lb. whole crimini mushrooms
10 citrus-rosemary skewers
1 lemon, cut in half
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp. freshly chopped garlic
1 Tbsp. freshly chopped basil
1 Tbsp. freshly chopped tarragon
2 tsp. freshly chopped thyme
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
• Thread the tofu and the vegetables on the skewers.
• Juice the lemon into a bowl and add the spent halves along with the oil, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper.
• Pour over the skewers and marinate for 4 hours.
• Remove the skewers and grill for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until the vegetables are cooked. Serve immediately over the salad.
Makes 10 skewers with salad