For the Cake:
2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup margarine, cubed
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3.5-oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup soy milk
4 tsp. egg replacer (try Ener-G brand)
1/2 cup Hawaiian-style rum
1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
• Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a large Bundt pan.
• In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, margarine, and the 3 Tbsp. of vegetable oil and beat until resembles coarse sand.
• Combine with the pudding mix, soy milk, egg replacer, rum, remaining oil, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan.
• Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool.
For the Rum Glaze:
1/2 cup margarine
1/4 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup Hawaiian-style rum
• While the cake is cooling, combine the margarine, water, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the rum.
• Immediately pour over the cake and then let soak overnight.
• Carefully turn out onto a serving platter.
Makes 8 to 10 servings