1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp. Just-Like-Honey (available at www.Suzannes-Specialties.com) or agave nectar
4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 serrano chile or jalapeo pepper, minced
1 chipotle chile, in adobo
Pepper, to taste
1/4 tsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
1 lb. mock chicken or seitan
• Preheat the grill.
• In a food processor or blender, pure lime juice, “honey,” garlic, serrano chile or jalapeo pepper, chipotle chili, pepper, and cornstarch.
• Transfer the mixture to a medium-sized sauce pan and boil until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in the cilantro.
• Brush the “chicken” lightly with the glaze.
• Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, turning once. Just before removing the “chicken” from the grill, baste with the remaining glaze.
• Remove from the grill and serve.
Makes 4 servings