- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1 vegan bouillon cube
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- 1 28-oz. can cut green beans
- 1 6-oz. can French-fried onions
• Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• Sauté the onions and mushrooms in the vegetable oil in a skillet. Season with the salt and pepper.
• Heat the soy milk and the bouillon cube in a saucepan, stirring until the bouillon dissolves. Do not allow to boil. Mix the cornstarch and water together and add to the pan, stirring well.
• Quickly add the green beans, the sautéed vegetables, and about half the French-fried onions and stir well.
• Pour into a casserole dish and top with the remaining French-fried onions. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the onions begin to brown.