Ghoulish Chips and GuacamolePrint
- 10 white corn tortillas
- Spray oil (try olive or coconut)
- Salt, to taste
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and mashed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Stack 3 to 4 tortillas at a time and cut with a ghoul-shaped (or other Halloween-themed) cookie cutter. (We were able to get two shapes out of each tortilla.)
- Place on a cookie sheet, lightly spray the tops with oil, and lightly salt.
- If using ghoul shapes, poke holes in the tortillas for the “eyes” using the tip of a knife.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, then flip and bake for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the avocado, onion, garlic, cilantro, and tomato. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Voilà! October-friendly chips and dip, ready to eat fresh out of the oven.
Makes 1-2 cups of guacamole