4 large potatoes, scrubbed
1 Tbsp. canola oil
5 slices Lightlife bacon strips
2 Tbsp. Florida Crystals or unrefined sugar
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup chopped green onions
Salt and pepper, to taste
• Boil the potatoes until tender but still firm. Set aside to cool completely, then coarsely dice.
• Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the Lightlife bacon until crispy. Crumble the bacon, set aside in a separate container, and reserve the oil.
• In the same skillet, put the Florida crystals, flour, water, and vinegar. Stir to combine, and cook until thickened.
• Once this dressing is thickened, add the potatoes, “bacon,” and green onions to the skillet and stir to coat the potatoes.
• Keep cooking until everything is heated through and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings