2 lbs. red skin potatoes, scrubbed
8 oz. whole-wheat pasta noodles (try shorter noodles like penne)
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
2 cups vegan mayonnaise (try Vegenaise)
1 cup vegan sour cream (try Tofutti brand)
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
• Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes, until tender but not falling apart. Cool slightly and cut into 1-inch cubes.
• Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
• Divide half of the chopped onion and celery into 2 separate bowls, 1 for the pasta salad and 1 for the potato salad.
• Add half of the vegan mayonnaise, vegan sour cream, salt, pepper, and white wine vinegar to each bowl.
• Add the paprika to the pasta salad bowl. Mix to combine.
• Add the garlic powder to the potato salad bowl. Mix to combine.
• Add the pasta to the paprika dressing, tossing to coat.
• Gently fold the potatoes into the garlic dressing.
• Place half of the potato salad in a trifle dish or large glass bowl. Top with half of the pasta salad. Top with the remaining potato salad followed by the remaining pasta salad.
Makes 8 to 10 servings