Fondant au Chocolat with Vanilla ‘Cream’ (Gluten-Free)Print
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream
- 1/4 tsp. agar-agar powder
- 1 Tbsp. agave or brown rice syrup
- 2 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- Pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3.5 oz high-quality vegan chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Put 3/4 cup coconut cream, the agar-agar powder, agave, vegan margarine, salt, and cocoa powder in a small pan and gently bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the pieces of chocolate, stirring until melted.
- Pour into small greased molds and leave to set in the fridge.
- Gently heat the rest of the coconut cream in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved. (A light-brown sugar will result in a light sauce, and a dark-brown sugar will result in a more traditional dark-colored sauce.) Remove from the heat.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise with a sharp knife and scrape out the sticky black seeds. Add the seeds to the sauce, then let sit to infuse.
- To serve, place a spoonful of warm vanilla “cream” in the center of a plate followed by two fondants au chocolat.
Makes 4 servings