2/3 cup Earth Balance vegan margarine, melted
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup soy milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
2 bags dark chocolate chips
• Heat the oven to 375°F.
• Combine the vegan margarine, oats, sugar, flour, corn syrup, soy milk, vanilla extract, and salt.
• Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls 3 inches apart on a foil-lined baking sheet, then flatten.
• Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned.
• Allow to cool, then remove from the baking sheet and set aside.
• Gently melt the chocolate.
• Spread on half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookie halves and refrigerate until the chocolate hardens.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen