Crispy Asparagus PocketsPrint
- 2 tsp. dried seaweed flakes
- 3 Tbsp. hoisin sauce (usually vegan, but be sure to check the label!)
- 17.5 oz. canned or jarred asparagus, cut into 1 1/2–inch pieces
- 1 pkg. filo pastry, cut into 12 squares
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 430°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the dried seaweed flakes and hoisin sauce.
- Place a few asparagus pieces in the middle of each filo square and top with 1 teaspoonful of the hoisin mixture. Fold the top and bottom of the pastry over the asparagus, then fold in the sides.
- Turn upside down (to prevent from opening) and place on baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush with the olive oil.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings