Candied Orange Peel (Gluten-Free)Print
- 2 large oranges
- 3 cups water + more for boiling
- 3 1/4 cups sugar
- 7 oz. high-quality vegan chocolate, broken into pieces
- Cut a 1-inch slice off the top and bottom of each orange, then cut into four vertical segments.
- Remove the insides, including the pith. Slice each segment of peel into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add the orange-peel strips and boil for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In another saucepan, add 3 cups water and the sugar and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Add the orange-peel strips. Reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Drain and allow to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate over a very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Dip half of each orange-peel strip in the chocolate and place on a sheet of parchment paper to allow the chocolate to set.
Makes 4 servings