Creamy Pesto QuinoaPrint
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, walnuts, or a combination of both, toasted
- 3 medium-sized cloves garlic
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 tsp. salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Pulse together the nuts and garlic in food processor until coarsely ground. Add the basil, salt, and pepper and pulse to reduce. Add the olive oil and process until the desired texture is achieved.
- Mix gently with the cooked quinoa and serve. This dish can also be served cold.
Makes 6 to 8 servings