Creamed Vegan ‘Honey’Print
- 9 cups room-temperature powdered sugar
- 3 cups room-temperature dandelion honey
- Place the powdered sugar in a bowl and, using a mixer or by hand, gently stir in enough of the dandelion honey to make the color look completely even—this may take a couple minutes.
- Pour in the rest of the syrup and continue to stir until evenly distributed.
- Divide into jars, cover them with cloths, and refrigerate at about 57°F until crystallized (the vegetable drawer should be fine). This should take about 24 hours, but if it takes longer, stir for 30 seconds each day.
- After the honey has set, remove from fridge and let them remain covered with cloths to let more water evaporate in order to achieve a firmer consistency.
Note: If crystallization fails, boil some water in a glass pan, and pour the semi-crystallized syrup into it. Let the syrup slowly melt for a couple of hours, and then start over, attempting a more perfect chilling temperature or stirring once a day while chilling.
Makes about 3 1/2 cups
Recipe courtesy of and adapted from Plant Pusherne.