1/4 cup (or 1/2 stick) margarine
1/4 cup flour
1 3/4 cups plain soy milk
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. tamari or soy sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder or 4 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
4 Tbsp. salsa
1/3 cup diced jalapeño pepper, to taste
• Melt the margarine oven medium heat.
• Whisk in the flour until smooth. Slowly whisk in the soy milk, then the salt, tamari or soy sauce, garlic, and onion powder. Cook for about 2 minutes, until thick.
• Whisk in the nutritional yeast and heat for an additional 2 minutes on low heat.
• Add the salsa and peppers, to taste.
• Serve with your favorite vegan chips.
Makes 2 1/4 cups