6 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 cup plain soy milk
1/4 cup canola oil
Walnut halves, optional
• Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dish.
• Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the ground flax seed and reduce the heat to medium-low. Stirring occasionally, simmer for 3 minutes, or until thickened.
• In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, Florida Crystals, baking powder, and salt.
• Add the flax seed mixture, soy milk, and canola oil to the flour mixture. Combine just until smooth.
• Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and place the walnut halves on top. Bake for 20- 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
• Serve warm with freshly squeezed orange juice and Lightlife Smart Bacon.
Makes 6 to 8 servings