2 tsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
2 green chilies, chopped lengthwise
8-9 curry leaves (optional)
2 cups fresh green cabbage, finely chopped
Pinch turmeric powder
1/2 cup grated coconut, fresh or dried
Salt, to taste
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped coriander
10 2-inch coriander sprigs
• Heat the oil. Pop the mustard seeds in it and add the chilies and curry leaves.
• Add the cabbage and turmeric powder and stir for a minute.
• Add the coconut, salt, lemon juice, and chopped coriander. Stir for 2 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
• Remove from the heat and cool.
• Serve at room temperature, garnished with the coriander sprigs.
Makes 4 servings