1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup soy milk
5 1/3 Tbsp. vegan margarine, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
• Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
• Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking liners.
• Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.
• In a medium bowl, combine the mashed bananas, soy milk, margarine and vanilla. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Be careful not to mix too much.
• Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins