3 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
5 oz. pottoes, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Vegetable oil for deep frying
2 tsp. vegetable oil
4-5 green chilies, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. chili sauce
2 Tbsp. tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. fresh chopped coriander
Fresh spring onions, shredded
• Mix the flour and salt in a bowl and enough water to make a batter of pouring consistency such that it coats the potato cubes.
• Heat the oil for deep-frying. Dip each potato piece into the batter, making sure that it’s coated with the batter and deep-fry until brown and crispy.
• Heat 2 tsp. oil, add the green chilies and garlic, and stir. Add the soy, chili, and tomato sauces and stir again.
• Add the sugar, salt, pepper, and potato cubes and stir well.
• Cook for a minute, until the sauces coat the potatoes, stir in the coriander leaves, and transfer to a serving dish.
• Garnish with the shredded spring onions.
• Insert a toothpick into each potato cube and serve hot.
Makes 4 servings