5 oz. bean curd, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 Tbsp. corn flour or plain flour
1/2 tsp. salt
Vegetable oil for deep frying
2 tsp. vegetable oil
4-5 green chilies, chopped in long shreds
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. chili sauce
2 Tbsp. tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. fresh chopped coriander
1 spring onion, shredded
• Mix flour and salt in a bowl with enough water to make a batter of pouring consistency. It should coat the bean curd pieces.
• Heat oil for deep-frying, in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
• Dip each piece of bean curd in the batter and deep-fry till brown and crispy.
• In a wok heat 2 tsp. oil and stir fry the green chilies and garlic. Add soy sauce, chili sauce and tomato sauce.
• Add sugar, salt and pepper and bean curd cubes and stir well.
• Cook until the sauces coat the bean curd. Stir in the coriander leaves and serve immediately.
• Garnish with the spring onions shreds.
Makes 4 servings