2/3 cup basil pesto
1 9-oz. package fresh fettuccine
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups soy chicken
2 cups sliced roasted red bell peppers
1.2 cup pitted olives, halved lengthwise
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup grated soy Parmesan, plus more for the table
• Put the pesto in a large bowl.
• Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
• While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until soft and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the soy chicken, peppers, and olives and cook, stirring until hot, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
• Drain the cooked pasta, reserving 1/3 cup of the pasta water. Whisk the pasta water into the pesto.
• Add the pasta and soy cheese to the pesto and toss to combine. Add the chicken mixture and combine. Divide the pasta among 4 bowls and serve immediately. Pass extra soy Parmesan at the table.
Makes 4 servings