3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup margarine
3/4 cup soy yogurt (try Silk brand)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 pod fresh vanilla bean
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
Zest of 1/3 lemon
2 1/2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. flour
3/4 cup poppy seeds
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
• Using a mixer, beat the sugars and margarine until fluffy.
• Mix in the soy yogurt, vanilla, and vanilla bean, stirring to form “curds.”
• Add the baking soda, salt, zest, and flour. Stir in the poppy seeds.
• Drop by tablespoonful onto the prepared sheet. Bake for approximately 8 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
Makes approximately 2 dozen