3/4 cup Rapunzel Pure Organics Sunflower Oil
1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
3/4 cup Rapunzel Pure Organics Rapadura Organic Sugar
1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt (available at Grain and Salt Society)
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup Rapunzel Pure Organics Nondairy Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
• Preheat the oven to 375 F.
• Line a half-sheet pan with unbleached parchment paper.
• In a large, stainless steel bowl, combine the sunflower oil, bananas, organic sugar, sea salt, and cardamom. Warm over low heat for 2 minutes and whisk to incorporate. Remove from stovetop and set aside.
• Sift together the pastry flour, all-purpose flour, and baking soda. Add 1/2 cup at a time to the sunflower oil mixture and gently combine with a rubber spatula until no flour spots remain, about 2 minutes.
• Gently fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts until well incorporated and forming a ball.
• Place the dough ball onto a cutting board. Roll into a rounded log, approximately 16 inches by 3 inches.
• With a sharp French knife, cut the dough into 12 even pieces. Place on the cutting board and press down, rounding the edges, ensuring that all pieces are evenly sized.
• Using a small spatula, transfer to the half-sheet pan.
• Bake for approximately 14 to 16 minutes. Remove from the oven and let set on sheet pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
• Once the cookies are completely cooled, store in an airtight container in a cool place. Use within 4 days.
Note: Be careful not to burn, as oven temperatures vary. Look for a golden brown color at the bottom of the cookie.
Makes 1 dozen