1 lb. sliced carrots
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1 cup potato starch
1/4 cups agave nectar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
• Simmer the carrots in the vegetable stock in a covered pot until tender. Remove from the liquid and let cool.
• Puree the carrots in a food processor. Add the starch, agave nectar, baking soda, and salt, then puree again until the mixture is very smooth.
• Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions and wrap each portion in plastic wrap in a long tube shape, trying to get rid of as much air as possible, then wrap in aluminum foil.
• Poach the dumplings in boiling water for about 20 minutes, or until firm.
• Remove from the water and refrigerate until cool, then slice each tube into 10 to 12 slices.
• When ready to serve, re-boil the sliced dumplings for about 3 minutes.