- 6 tortillas
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 pkg. firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 cup vegetables of your choice (try green onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, and bell peppers), finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 oz. vegan breakfast sausage, crumbled
- Hot sauce or salsa, optional
- Place the tortillas between two wet paper towels, wrap them in foil, and heat them in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes at 200°F.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. of the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tofu, vegetables, turmeric, and salt and pepper and continue to cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat the remaining oil, add the vegan sausage, and cook according to package instructions.
- Add the “sausage” to the tofu mixture and stir to combine.
- Scoop the mixture into the tortillas, fold them up, and serve immediately or wrap in aluminum foil and freeze to reheat later.
- Serve with your favorite hot sauce or salsa.
Makes 6 servings