Adapted from a recipe by and published by permission of Bomb Veg
Bomb Veg’s Vegan Jackfruit Pulled ‘Pork’Print
- 2 cans jackfruit
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2 Tbsp. tomato sauce
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit. Shred by hand, breaking up any large clumps. Place in a clean cloth or tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Mix together the sea salt, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Place the drained jackfruit in a large bowl and add the cornstarch, mixing well. Add the spice mixture, stirring well to coat completely.
- Cook in a nonstick pan over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally and pulling apart any remaining clumps with a fork. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan, followed immediately by the vegetables. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the tomato sauce and stir well.
- Add the jackfruit back to the pan with the vegetables and stir well to combine.
Enjoy over rice, in a taco or burrito, or on a burger bun. It’s also great inside a warm tortilla along with hummus, avocado, mixed greens, and fresh cilantro.
Makes 4 servings