1 1/2 lbs. beets
1 large orange, peeled and sections removed
2 tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. raspberry vinegar
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup shredded beet greens
1 cup shredded spinach
2-3 Tbsp. toasted sunflower seeds
• Place the beets in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and let cool.
• Trim and peel off the beet skins. Cut into wedges.
• In a large bowl, combine the beets, orange sections, and apples.
• Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and garlic. Pour over the beet mixture and toss well.
• Toss together the beet greens and spinach. Top with the beet mixture and sunflower seeds.
Makes 4 servings