Oil for the pan
2 strips Smart Bacon or other breakfast meat substitute
2 small cloves garlic
1 green onion
1/2 large block firm tofu
Couple dashes turmeric
Splash Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
Pinch nutritional yeast flakes
• Heat the pan on medium to high heat and add the oil to cook the “bacon”—be careful not to cook it too long.
• Chop the garlic and green onion.
• Press as much water from the tofu as possible, then use a cheese grater to grate it into small chunks (you can also mash it with a fork instead, but grating it is much faster).
• Chop up the bacon, then add it, the onion, garlic, turmeric, and liquid aminos to the tofu. Stir gently until well blended.
• Pour into the pan (it should sizzle a bit) and sprinkle the nutritional yeast flakes over the top. Keep stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes, or until it looks like scrambled “eggs.”
Makes 2 servings