3 baking potatoes
3-4 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 Spanish or Vidalia onion, sliced
2 Tbsp. flour
1 cup vegetable broth
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
6 oz. artichoke hearts, drained
1 1/2 cups BBQ Field Roast
Green scallion, chopped, for garnish
• Bake the potatoes at 375°F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until soft in the center. While hot, cut in half and remove the centers, leaving 1/4-inch shells. Brush the insides of the shells using 1 Tbsp. of the oil. Return to the oven and bake until lightly browned.
• Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the onion for 2 minutes. Mix in the flour to make a roux. Continue frying until brown. Remove the onions and set aside.
• Add the broth to the roux and cook until thickened. Season with the salt, pepper, and thyme.
• Mix in the artichoke hearts and the BBQ Field Roast. Carefully mix in the potato centers, being careful not to mash them. Remove from the heat.
• Spoon into the potato shells and top with the fried onion and scallions.
Makes 6 servings