Avocado-and-Tomato Wedge Salad With Balsamic VinaigrettePrint
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 medium, firm heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh basil
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, and mustard. Season with the salt and pepper and set aside.
- Carefully remove the skin from the avocado. Cut in half and remove the seed. Slice the avocado into 1/4-inch wedges.
- Place a tomato wedge on a plate and layer an avocado wedge on top. Continue layering to create a fan shape. Do this on 2 plates.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the wedges. Sprinkle the basil on top and serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings