Avocado–Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (Vegan + Gluten-Free)Print
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- 3 large avocados, pitted
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Agave, to taste
- Mint extract, to taste
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or 1/2 chocolate bar, shaved
- Without shaking it, open the can of coconut milk and scoop the thickened part into a bowl. (Set aside the remaining coconut water and use for something else.) Using a hand mixer, whip until fluffy, then transfer to a 9-inch-by-9-inch glass dish.
- In a food processor, add the avocados, lemon juice, agave, and mint extract. Blend until smooth.
- Place the avocado mixture on top of the whipped coconut cream. Add the chocolate chips or chocolate shavings and combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap, making sure that there is no air space between the ice cream and the plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
Makes 4 to 6 servings