1/2 cup white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. chopped shallot
2 sprigs thyme
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Cracked pepper and sea salt, to taste
1 1/2 cups organic arugula, washed
Heirloom tomatoes (1 red and 1 green, or whatever looks best at the market), seeded and sliced into thin wedges
1/4 cup shaved sweet onion (try Vidalia, Wala-Wala, Maui, or Peruvian sweet)
For the Dressing:
• Zest a small amount of orange, lemon, and lime.
• Remove the citrus segments over a bowl to catch the juice. Squeeze the remaining juice from the citrus.
• Reserve 1/4 cup of the fresh juice and place the rest in a pot with the zest, vinegar, shallot, and thyme.
• Simmer to reduce to a syrup.
• Strain into a blender, add the mustard, and drizzle in olive oil to raise an emulsion.
• Add the reserved citrus juice to thin and freshen the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
For the Salad:
• Toss the greens, citrus segments, tomatoes, and onions with the dressing and serve.