3 medium beets
3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/4 cup vegan sour cream (Try Tofutti’s Sour Supreme.)
1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp. minced fresh dill
Sea salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Fuji apples, cored and cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
1 head Romaine lettuce, shredded
1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
• Steam the beets, then peel, cool, and julienne.
• Pour the vinegar over the beets and refrigerate overnight (or for at least 4 hours).
• Combine the vegan sour cream, vegan mayonnaise, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
• Pour the lemon juice over the apples and gently stir to coat.
• To serve, arrange the apples and the beets on the lettuce. Drizzle with the dressing and top with the walnuts.
Makes 4 servings