Ambrosia Ice PopsPrint
- 1 3/4 cups freshly squeezed navel orange juice, strained
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 tsp. orange-blossom water
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed Ruby Red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 tsp. Ruby Red grapefruit zest
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup plain coconut-milk yogurt
- 2 tsp. coconut liqueur
- Add the orange juice, bananas, and orange-blossom water to a blender and process until smooth. Pour into 6 ice-pop molds so that each is a little less than 2/3 full. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Combine the water, sugar, grapefruit juice, and grapefruit zest in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens into a syrup, about 1 minute. Let cool completely.
- Put the coconut milk, yogurt, and liqueur in a medium bowl. Slowly pour in the grapefruit syrup, whisking constantly, until smooth. Let cool briefly, then cover and refrigerate.
- Remove the ice pops from the freezer and top off each mold with the coconut-milk mixture, leaving 1/4-inch of space at the top to allow for expansion. Put the handle in each mold. Freeze until completely solid, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To release the pops from the mold, gently squeeze the mold as you pull the handle. If it doesn’t release, run the molds under warm water for a few seconds and try again.
Makes 6 pops
Recipes used with permission from Afro-Vegan by Bryant Terry, copyright © 2014. Published by TenSpeed Press, a division of Penguin Random House, Inc. Photography © 2014 by Paige Green
PETA is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide websites with a means to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.