Adapted and published with permission from Katerina Seigel
15-Minute Vegan Sesame Lettuce WrapsPrint
For the wraps:
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 14-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 4 green onions, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- 4 large leaves butter lettuce
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
For the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the tofu and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden brown.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms, and green onions and cook for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients.
- Add to the pan and cook until the sauce starts to thicken, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Divide evenly among the lettuce leaves and top with shredded carrots, chopped green onions, and sesame seeds.