The term is “solid shampoo,” or “shampoo bars.” Picture a block of concentrated shampoo (or conditioner) that mixes with the water coming from your shower, instead of being diluted with water and then packaged in a plastic bottle.
Here are some of our favorites:
1. Avocado Co-Wash Solid Shampoo by Lush
2. Clements Solid Shampoo Bar by Ethique
3. Jungle Solid Conditioner by Lush
4. Healy Kiwi Solid Shampoo Bar by Ethique
View this post on Instagram
Do you have an itchy or flaky scalp? Our Heali Kiwi shampoo bar is packed full of oats, kiwifruit, neem, karanja & lime oils. Neem & karanja are ancient ayurvedic remedies whilst oats and kiwifruit are both soothing & hydrating. The perfect combination. #dandruff #ethique #solidshampoo #shampoo #shampoobar #ayurvedic #crueltyfree #veganskincare #palmfree #palmoilfree
5. Sugar Daddy-O Solid Conditioner by Lush
6. Damage Control Solid Shampoo Bar by Ethique
If you’re ever curious as to whether a cosmetics or personal-care company is vegan or tests on animals, search our cruelty-free database.