Why vegan turkey? Well, on farms today, bright, sensitive turkeys are crammed into filthy sheds, packed together so tightly that they can barely move. In slaughterhouses, their throats are slit while many are still conscious. These birds deserve some compassion this holiday season—and every day.
Check out these fabulous vegan turkey products that even meat-eaters will happily gobble down:
- Yves Veggie Turkey Slices
- Lightlife Smart Deli Veggie Turkey Slices
- Field Roast Deli Slices come in Smoked Tomato, Lentil Sage, and Wild Mushroom varieties.
- Simply Balanced Mushroom Miso Meatless Turkey (available at Target stores) gives any vegetable stir-fry a protein kick.
- Gardein Lightly Breaded Turk’y Cutlets are a great addition to a compassionate Thanksgiving plate.
Vegan Turkey Roasts
Check out our complete list of vegan roasts for all your holiday needs.
There are many great plant-based recipes to try your hand at. We love this one for vegan deli slices.
Want more information about these fabulous, intelligent animals? Read our top 10 reasons not to eat turkeys.
Now, make like McCartney and check out our Eat No Animal (Turkey) T-shirt over at the PETA Catalog!