Meatballs, made from vegan ground-beef-flavor Gimme Lean, taste even better the next day, after they have soaked in your homemade marinara sauce overnight. When the meatballs are added to a toasted hoagie roll and topped with warm vegan mozzarella, you’ll forget all about that spaghetti you ate them with last night and appreciate their newfound form in all its messy glory.
Vegan Meatball SubsView Recipe
- 8 vegan meatballs
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 2 hoagie rolls, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup grated vegan mozzarella
- Preheat the broiler to low.
- Heat the meatballs and the sauce in the microwave or on the stovetop until warm.
- Place four meatballs on each hoagie roll, top with half of the marinara and grated soy cheese, and place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place under the broiler until the bread is toasted and the soy cheese has started to melt, about 3 minutes.
Makes 2 sandwiches
This classic deli sub is so satisfying that you’ll probably be tempted to whip up a whole new batch of soy meatballs, so be prepared. Enjoy!