Have you heard? Ten out of 10 chickens agree that this is the only Chick-fil-A sandwich anyone should ever eat:
Whether you oppose the abuse and slaughter of chickens on farms or the continued oppression of gays and lesbians, there seems to be more reason than ever to avoid Chick-fil-A restaurants. There is simply no excuse for anyone to suffer for a sandwich. Take a stand for both human and animal rights—enjoy this tasty recipe for vegan Chick-fil-A chicken sandwiches.
Vegan Chick-fil-A Sandwiches
- 4 vegan chicken cutlets (try Gardein Chick’n Scallopini)
- 3/4 cup plain, unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 3 cups peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 buns
- 16 dill pickle chips
- Defrost or thaw the chicken cutlets if frozen.
- Combine the soy milk and the pickle juice in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika, dry mustard, and powdered sugar in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Warm the peanut oil in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Dip a “chicken” cutlet into the wet mixture, coating evenly on all sides. Toss into the flour mixture and coat generously. Repeat with the remaining cutlets and set aside.
- Place one cutlet in the frying pan using a pair of tongs. Flip occasionally to ensure even cooking. Allow to cook for about 5 to 8 minutes, or until the outside is crisp and golden brown. Allow to drain on a paper towel. Repeat with the remaining cutlets.
- Lightly spray the buns with the cooking spray and place in a frying pan over low heat until slightly toasted.
- Place 4 pickle chips on the bottom half of each bun, then top with the fried “chicken.” Serve immediately.
Makes 4 sandwiches