Attention Roquefort and Gorgonzola lovers: Vegan bleu cheese is here to rock your world. You can now get the creamy and robust flavors of bleu cheese without harming animals. Plant-based brand MozzaRisella offers a dairy-free bleu cheese ingeniously made from sprouted brown rice. And the best part of all? No cows, sheep, or any other animals were forced to produce milk so that humans could consume it.
This flavorful vegan bleu cheese goes perfectly with sweet, crisp pears and crunchy nuts. Try these recipes when you need to prepare a simple appetizer that anyone will love.
This hors d’œuvre takes only five minutes to make.
The Perfect 3-Ingredient Appetizer: Sliced Pears with Creamy Vegan Bleu CheeseView Recipe
- 2 pears thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 pkg. MozzaRisella BlueRisella
- Candied pecans or walnuts
- Arrange the pear slices on a plate.
- Add a dollop of the vegan bleu cheese and a couple of candied nuts to each slice.
- Chill, serve, and enjoy!
Makes 4–5 servings
Use fresh herbs for this crowd-pleasing appetizer.
Sweet and Savory Stuffed Baked Pears (Vegan)View Recipe
- 2 ripe pears
- 4 tsp. MozzaRisella Blue Cheese
- 4 Tbsp. agave nectar
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 sprigs thyme, sage, or rosemary
- 8 halved walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Core the pears and slice in half. Slice a piece off the side of each so that they lie flat.
- Scoop 1 teaspoonful of the MozzaRisella Blue Cheese into the center of each.
- Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Place two walnut halves on top of each pear and bake for 10 minutes, or until the “cheese” is melted and the pears are soft enough to pierce easily with a fork.
- Drizzle with agave, and serve.
Makes 2 to 4 servings
Ready to go vegan? We had a hunch. Order our free vegan starter kit today!