Are you a Colorado resident who stood outside in the freezing cold to get your bag of goodies on New Year’s Day? If so, we have a treat for you! This delicious vegan brownie recipe is the perfect way to enjoy your legally obtained marijuana while building your repertoire of vegan recipes. You’ll be tempted to eat the whole batch, but just remember: When it comes to the special Colorado “Catnip” Vegan Brownies*, moderation is key! One will give you enough fudgy deliciousness to last a lifetime—or at least a few hours.
Special Colorado ‘Catnip’ Vegan BrowniesView Recipe
- 1 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1/8 oz. marijuana, finely chopped or ground
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly grease a 12-inch-by-17 1/2-inch jelly-roll pan and set aside.
- Heat the oil in large pan on low heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the marijuana and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until brown. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, soy milk, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Strain the marijuana oil through a strainer or colander and add to the dry mixture, making sure that the marijuana remains in the strainer or colander.
- Mix in the other wet ingredients, followed by the chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth out the top with a moistened spatula.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until surface cracks appear.
- Transfer the pan to a cooling rack. The brownies will set as they cool. When completely cool, cut into squares.
*Note: This recipe is for humans only. Also note: This recipe is for legally obtained marijuana. PETA does not condone the purchase or sale of illegal drugs.