Want to take your typical meal of tofu, rice, and veggies up a notch? There’s nothing dull or boring about this tofu meal made with a sweet and spicy sauce and paired perfectly with steamed rice and broccoli.
This meal keeps well overnight, and makes for the perfect leftover lunch the next day. The piquant and spicy aroma is mouthwatering, which causes my coworkers to look at my lunch with envy. But, that only happens if you have any leftovers from the night before. One thing’s for sure, this dish will send shock waves through your taste buds!
Dynamite Tofu With Rice and Broccoli
1 lb. extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1–2 Tbsp. Sriracha sauce, or to taste
1 Tbsp. agave nectar, or to taste
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups cooked rice
2 cups steamed or blanched broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly coat the tofu cubes with the cornstarch. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, Sriracha sauce, agave nectar, and garlic in a small bowl and mix. Add more Sriracha sauce or agave nectar if desired.
- Place the baked tofu in a wok or pan on low heat. Add the sauce mixture and stir until the tofu is coated and the sauce is heated through.
- Serve with rice and broccoli.
Makes 4 servings