The following article was written by Brittany Hultstrom.
Are you looking for a dish that is fresh and healthy yet also rich and satisfying? This recipe has the perfect blend of fresh vegetables, creamy lentils, and a delicious nutty crunch! Whether you are new to the kitchen or have been cooking for years, this dish will impress both you and your friends with its vibrant colors and unique flavors packed into every bite!
Creamy Red Lentil SaladView Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups red lentils, rinsed thoroughly
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Pine nuts, for garnish
- Bring the water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, add the lentils, and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Drain the lentils, then add the avocado, grape tomatoes, and onion and mix well.
- Place the soymilk, olive oil, salt, and spinach in a food processor and pulse 20 times.
- Combine the lentil mixture with the spinach mixture, sprinkle with pine nuts, and enjoy hot or cold!