It’s April 20—the 20th day of April, 4/20. For some, the day, pronounced “four-twenty,” will come and go with no significance. But for certain someones, it’s that time of year again—time to stay at home, load up on snacks, listen to tunes, and celebrate.
Why not stock up on a couple of these vegan 420 snacks for this special day?
1. Can you say “chips”?
A full-blown case of the munchies would not be satisfied without handfuls of these crunchy and salty treats:
- Spicy Sweet Chili Flavored Doritos
- Original SunChips
- Vegan Rob’s
- Sea Salt & Vinegar, Jalapeño, Sriracha, or Maple Bacon Kettle Brand Potato Chips
- Lays Classic or Limon
- Original or Tapatío Limón Ruffles Potato Chips
- Xtra Tangy Buffalo Wing Pringles
- Earth Balance brand chips
- Original Popchips
2. Home-prepped snacks
If you make 4/20 an entire event and would like to make your own treats for you or friends, try prepping these simple store-bought combos:
- “Special” brownies
- Sandwich cookies dipped in peanut butter
- DIY vegan “lunchables”: Stack Daiya vegan cheese slices and Tofurky Italian deli slices atop Ritz crackers.
- Wheat Thins and hummus
- Mission tortillas and meltable vegan cheese shreds
- Guacamole and plant-based chips
Order Your FREE Vegan Starter Kit
3. Prepackaged snacks
Don’t feel like prepping your 4/20 goods? Just grab a box or bag of these yums:
- Fruit by the Foot
- Cracker Jacks
- Nature Valley Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Traditional Chex Mix
- Chocolate Chip Clif Bars
- Pipsnacks Popcorn
4. Sweet treats
Finish off your munchie meal with a yummy dessert … or three:
- Sour Patch Kids
- Swedish Fish (some Swedish Fish contain beeswax, so be sure to check the label)
- Dum Dums
- Brach’s Mandarin Orange Slices
- Red Vines
- Jolly Ranchers
- Mary Jane (no pun intended)
- Ben & Jerry’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Chunks
Note: PETA promotes a healthy plant-based lifestyle. If you choose to eat junk while you have the munchies, you might as well eat these accidentally vegan goodies.