After a PETA video exposé revealed that workers kicked, stomped on, and mutilated sheep used for wool, millions of people realized that, like fur, wool is a product of almost unimaginable cruelty.
More and more people are ditching wool. Here are seven reasons to make the switch to synthetic fibers:
7. Because there is no excuse for torturing animals like this.
— PETA (@peta) November 10, 2014
6. Because you might not be able to stomach all 60 seconds.
5. Because it’s their fur, not ours.
— PETA (@peta) November 8, 2014
4. Because it’s time to face the truth about what happens to sheep.
3. Because most wool doesn’t come from happy sheep.
— PETA (@peta) July 24, 2014
2. Because J. Crew is selling torture.
1. Because once you’ve seen sheep being tortured like this, you can never forget it.
— PETA (@peta) July 9, 2014
Follow us on Twitter @PETA for breaking investigations, reasons to go vegan, and other information on why animals are not ours to wear.