In honor of Father’s Day, here are some fathers who are friends to the furry, feathered, and finned. We had way too many great dads like Kevin Nealon, Bryan Adams, Woody Harrelson, Iggy Pop, and Chad Ochocinco to choose from, so here are just a few of the fellas who make us glad for awesome dads:
- Ron Artest loves being a dad to his family, but he knows that dogs and cats are happier without their own brood of offspring and should always be spayed and neutered.
- Vegan dad Casey Affleck is starting his young sons out on a compassionate note, setting a great example by speaking out about the cruelty of the meat industry and lethal steel-jaw traps.
- Alec Baldwin is a proud pop who would never hop on a horse-drawn carriage.
- Tony Gonzalez and his wife could win an award for most beautiful parents, and this fur-free dad has a beautiful heart too.
- Happy first Father’s Day to Carey Hart. He and his wife, Pink, seem like they’ll be fun parents for their new baby girl, but they’ll be pretty serious when teaching her about cruelty to animals.
- With a dad like Tommy Lee and a mom like Pamela Anderson, the Lee boys may grow up to work at PETA! We love any dad kind enough to give a homeless man $100 with the request, “Just don’t buy KFC.”
- Sir Paul McCartney obviously instilled animal-friendly values in his children, who are all vegetarian, including daughter Stella, who is also a cruelty-free fashion designer.
- Power dad Russell Simmons has been running with PETA for a long time, and he shows his children that being successful and being kind to animals go hand in hand.
- We’re not the only ones celebrating fur-free father Amar’e Stoudemire. The Knicks captain is receiving a Father of the Year Award in New York City today.
- There’s not a woodland creature who wouldn’t love Forest Whitaker, and we’re sure his kids think he’s pretty darn great too.
Written by Michelle Sherrow