Great news! This year, your #GivingTuesday gift could go twice as far when you use Facebook.
On November 28, starting at 8 a.m. EST, your impact could be doubled, thanks to a generous matching gift from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
When you make a donation using the “Donate” button on our Facebook page or create your own fundraiser in support of animals, gifts made on #GivingTuesday will be matched up to $50,000 per nonprofit and $1,000 per fundraiser. All fees will be waived for the day—which means that every dollar we raise will go toward helping animals.
But you’ll want to hurry! The match is first come, first served until the funds are gone, so be sure to donate and let your friends and family know about the fundraiser on #GivingTuesday before it’s too late.
Yesterday, today, and tomorrow—PETA is there for animals in need. Your help this #GivingTuesday can go twice as far for animals who need us day in and day out.
If you plan to donate, visit our Facebook page on #GivingTuesday as early as you can beginning at 8 a.m. EST and click on the “Donate” button.
Want to create your own #GivingTuesday campaign on Facebook? Here’s how.
- Get ready: On November 27, the day before #GivingTuesday, create your Facebook fundraising page here so that it’s ready to go on #GivingTuesday.
- Set your goal: Each individual fundraiser could be matched up to $1,000. Reach for the stars! Remember that every fundraiser this #GivingTuesday will make an impact for animals, no matter how much is raised.
- Get creative: Personalize your fundraising page and remember to use the #GivingTuesday hashtag. Choose a good photo. Then write a short message about what this special #GivingTuesday means to you and why you’re using it to make a difference for animals.
- Go viral: In the days leading up to #GivingTuesday, let your Facebook community know that you want to help animals. Then, on the morning of November 28, remind everyone that if they donate to your fundraiser starting at 8 a.m. EST, their gift could be doubled. Be sure to tag your compassionate friends and family members.
- Celebrate: With your help, this #GivingTuesday will be a great day for animals!
Have questions? Contact [email protected].