He’s a permanent fixture on “sexiest people” lists, and now Denzel Washington just upped his sexy factor 10-fold. The Oscar winner is enjoying meatless meals in order to be healthier. He explained in an interview, “When I did the play Fences (on Broadway) it just kind of woke me up to this idea of getting back to the basics in every way, and I made a commitment to just work harder and eat good.” His kind choices make him even easier on the eyes (if that was possible) and benefit animals and the planet, too.
In other celebrity news:
- Leona Lewis is helping her fans rock her cruelty-free style, sharing some of her favorite shoes, bags, and accessories on her blog, Lee-Loy. “I love the fact that interviewers often comment on my shoes and say ‘I love those shoes, they look so expensive,'” she shares. “I laugh to myself and reply ‘I got them for £20 ….'”
- Former President Bill Clinton thinks that everyone should adopt plant-based eating, not only for themselves but also for the country. He told AARP that “the way we consume food and what we consume”are crippling America’s health-care system. “You have to make a conscious decision to change for your own well-being, and that of your family and your country,” he said.
- We knew Novak Djokovik was great—we just didn’t know that he was this great. To keep his competitive edge, the star tennis player follows a healthy-eating regimen that includes shunning dairy products.
- Congrats to our friend Candace Parker, who won MVP honors in the WNBA All-Star Game. Candace and her dog, Fendi, are also all-stars for animals killed for their fur.
- Emily Deschanel is helping a vegan shoe company get a kick-start. When Beyond Skin announced a Kickstarter campaign to get its new line of “affordable, wearable yet stylish” vegan shoes off the ground, Emily tweeted, “Are you a woman who like shoes? Help out this great (cruelty free vegan) company and get shoes in return!”
To keep up with what all your favorite stars are doing for animals, follow @PETA on Twitter.