|Steve-O flips pizza with Nanci Alexander at her restaurant, Sublime, in south Florida.|
In honor of Culinarians Day, we’ve whipped up a list of some of our favorite vegan celebrity chefs, chefs who cook for celebrities, and cruelty-free restaurants where you might just catch celebrities chowing down. Tasty! Check it out:
- Tal Ronnen: A graduate of New York City’s Natural Gourmet Institute, Ronnen was Oprah’s chef when she embarked on Kathy Freston’s 21-day vegan cleanse. His classic French technique is highlighted in his book, The Conscious Cook, which is a must for anyone who wants to impress dinner guests with gourmet fare such as succulent “chicken” scaloppini.
- VegiTerranean: There’s no pretending that Chrissie Hynde’s rockin’ restaurant in Akron, Ohio, won’t blow you away with robust vegan dishes such as Chick’n Fried Portobello Steak or Mango BBQ Pizza.
- Alicia Silverstone: We’d be clueless not to mention the sultry star who penned The Kind Diet. Alicia also stars in one of PETA’s sexiest public service announcements ever.
- Sublime: Nanci Alexander has been serving up brick-oven pizzas and European fare such as Penne Puttanesca and Quiche Lorraine to the likes of Pamela Anderson, Ami James, and Steve-O. Can’t get to the Fort Lauderdale, Florida, restaurant? Pick up a copy of The Sublime Restaurant Cookbook, and you’ll be impressing your friends with sophisticated Mushroom Ceviche and luscious Coconut Cake in no time.
- Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin: Coming out of the modeling industry, the authors of the Skinny Bitch series, which has been endorsed by Victoria Beckham and other celebrities, have taken the country by storm. If you haven’t yet jumped on the bandwagon, don’t fret—you can find the latest installment of the series in the PETA Catalog.
One lucky reader can win the Skinny Bitch Ultimate Everyday Cookbook. For a chance to win, just leave a comment telling us who your favorite vegan celebrity is.*
Written by Colleen Twombly-Borst